Tuesday, August 28, 2012

8/18/12: Happy Birthday To My Sissy!! What A Night


It's been a while since I have written a post on the craziness of Tel Aviv night life, but since the 18th of August was a very, very special occasion, it was only fitting to partake in a crazy night on the town. To usher in my sister's big 24th birthday we decided to have a big shabbat dinner at the house followed by a night of dancing (and maybe a little drinking).

After we all finished eating and getting ready the roommates, Ida, 2 of Ida's friends, and I headed out to the famous Rothschild Boulevard to pre party and then dance the night away. We had a great time hanging out on the boardwalk, did a little pre gaming, and then headed to a very fun dance bar located in the middle of the boulevard.

Always enough kisses for my sissy 

Ida and me 

Ida's classmate and her boyfriend 

The roomie and Ida 

Roommate bonding! 



Keeping with the typical birthday tradition of being a bit silly we had to capture some of our crazy antics on camera before continuing our night. It really has been quite a long time since all of the roommates went out together and it was just so much fun that we were all there to celebrate Ida's big day!


Ida with Ben and his beautiful girlfriend Bar

Looking good Benny 


My favorite girl!! 






Finally it was time to go into the bar and dance the night away, and when you are out with my boys there is never EVER a dull moment. It was a good thing for Ida that my roommate's specialty is birthday lap dances!


O those coaches 

Happy Birthday Ida!!! 



Ida won't forget this birthday! 



As the night progressed I think my roommate Gary could tell that I was missing Stephane a little bit because he spent the next few minutes imitating his exact dance style and doing crazy things that normally Steph would do out at a club. If anything at least it made me laugh and maybe it did help a little; I mean Gary is my second favorite French so I couldn't complain and his effort was very sweet!

This one was just for Steph! 

The classic Stephane shirt bite! 

By 3:30 am it was time for us girls to call it a night and head home. It was such a great way to ring in Ida's 24th, and we still had a whole day left to celebrate so we decided it would be best to at least attempt some sleep. As we left, however, we were stopped by a very persistent Israeli man and his rather less than friendly friend, and we were obliged to talk with them for a few minutes. However, once we made it clear we really weren't interested in going with them to another bar they chalked it up to a loss and we were able to get away to catch a cab home.

The next morning we woke up around noon and headed straight for the beach. We couldn't think of any better way to spend a few birthday hours than at the beautiful Mediterranean, and it was a great way to continue catching up on some much needed rest that we sacrificed the night before.

Me and sissy at the beach

After we had our fill of the sun we were off to one of my favorite restaurants in Tel Aviv; Hashdera 34. The food is quite delicious (and not very expensive), and the atmosphere is so young and fun and really can't be beat if you want a meal with some character. Ida, however, made the mistake of telling our waiter that it was her birthday so he decided to give us each 6 shots of alcohol (for free), and that made for a very, very interesting meal... I'll just say that day drinking is not so much my thing.

That night we decided to end her birthday with a nice relaxing trip to a local hookah bar that was introduced to us by our good Israeli friend Maayan. To put it mildly this is my new favorite place in Israel, and from the moment I walked in to hear Mizrahi and Arabic music playing I was madly in love. Another one of our girlfriends came to meet us there and we enjoyed great hookah, some good food, and the best company. As we were getting ready to leave one of my favorite Arabic songs began to play and I knew I would be back to this place many times.

Maayany and me at the hookah bar

Ida, Sharon, and Me at the hookah bar 

It was a wonderful birthday and I was so glad I was able to celebrate with Ida all weekend. I hope this is one of many birthdays we will both spend together in Israel! And now that her's has past I can start thinking about the fact that in just a few short months I will be 25!!! O lord.


Until we meet again <3,
Jordana Simone











No comments:

Post a Comment